At Orca Cleaning we offer a move in and out cleaning service… contact us for a free estimate or check out our website for more information at www.orcacleaning.ca
Moving is considered an essential service and sometimes you just can’t control when you have to move. Moving companies are still operating during the pandemic but if you have to move how can you make it easier while staying safe?
There are a few things you can do during COVID-19 to protect yourself, your family and others.
- Social distancing….stay 6 feet away from people that are outside of your bubble when they are in your home.
- Research moving companies…many moving companies offer no-contact moving service options.
- If it’s possible you can move yourself or rent a POD as an option.
- Be aware of your moving company’s cancellation or refund policy in case this becomes necessary.
- Many companies will give you an estimate over the phone or do a virtual walk through and estimate.
- Leave your home while the movers are loading up.
- Pack your boxes up 24 hours ahead of time.
- Sanitize any items that the movers will be in contact with.
- While the move is taking place frequently sanitize high touch surfaces such as door knobs, handles and light switches.
- Use fresh packing supplies instead of free or recycled boxes. You can even contact your moving company to see if they have any supplies on hand available for purchase.
- Confirm your reservation well in advance and double-check the details of your move. In most places, moving is considered an “essential service,” meaning that help should still be available and make sure that if there is extensive travel involved for your move you confirm everything well ahead of time.
- Provide extra sanitizing materials for your moving day for you and others. On moving day, you should be sure to provide enough sanitizer, masks and gloves for everyone involved in the process. Also access to a sink, hand soap and paper towels is ideal.
- If you are using a moving company, follow up with them regarding their Covid-19 protocols and policies and if anyone is sick or displaying symptoms of the virus, notify them as soon as possible.